Minwax® Minwax® Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner penetrates the grain of the wood to promote uniform acceptance of Water Based Wood Stains and helps control the effect of grain raising on both soft and hard woods. Minwax® Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner helps prevent streaking and blotching to help ensure a beautiful, even stain. It is specifically designed to condition wood before staining new or bare wood surfaces.
- Use as the first step in any water based stain project on all types of wood to prepare for staining.
- Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner prevents blotching and streaking to ensure beautiful, even stain color.
[tab title=”Product Details”]
|Application Tool:||cloth, synthetic bristle brush or foam applicator|
|Cleanup:||soap and water|
|Dry Time:||1-5 minutes|
|Coverage:||9-11 sq.m. per litr.|
|Recommended Uses:||all soft or hard woods before using Water Based Wood Stains|
For Interior Use Only
- Surface must be dry, clean, and free of dirt, grease, glue, and any existing coatings before staining.
- Sand the wood in the direction of the grain, first using medium-grade sandpaper (#120) working your way to fine-grade sandpaper (#220). Do Not Use Steel Wool.
- Remove all sanding dust.
- Stir contents thoroughly before use. Do not apply when temperature is below 55°F. Do not thin.
- Apply Minwax® Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner with a synthetic bristle brush, foam brush or clean cloth. Allow to penetrate 1-5 minutes.
- Remove excess with a clean cloth. Do not allow product that has not penetrated the wood to dry on the wood surface.
- After 15-30 minutes, lightly sand the surface with fine-grade sandpaper (#220) to smooth any raised grain. Remove all sanding dust.
- Surface is now ready for staining with Minwax® Water Based Wood Stain.
[tab title=”GHS SDS”]
Q:WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF MINWAX® WATER BASED PRE-STAIN WOOD CONDITIONER?
Water-based stains react differently to wood than do oil-based stains. When using water-based stains, it’s essential to treat all types of wood with Minwax® Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner. Minwax®
Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner helps promote even stain penetration and reduces the effect of grain raising.
Q:DOES MINWAX® WATER BASED PRE-STAIN WOOD CONDITIONER NEED TO BE SANDED AFTER IT DRIES?
Yes. Sanding will smooth out any grain that was raised during the application of the Conditioner.
Q:CAN MINWAX® WATER BASED PRE-STAIN WOOD CONDITIONER BE USED PRIOR TO AN OIL-BASED STAIN?
No. For oil- based stains such as Minwax® Wood Finish™ Stain and Minwax® Gel Stain, use Minwax® Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner.
[button size=”medium” align=”center” full=”true” link=”https://minwax.pl/kategorie-produktow/?product_cat=przygotowanie:powierzchni&dppage=1/” linkTarget=”_blank” color=”green” hoverBgColor=”rgba(255,202,0,1)”]Chcesz kupić ten produkt? Kliknij tutaj. Zapraszamy do sklepu internetowego.[/button]