Water Based Wood Stain Wash Pickling Stain adds a subtle shade of white color to wood while allowing the natural grain to show through. Unlike the Clear and White Tint Bases, the White Wash Pickling Stain does not require mixing and is ready to use right out of the can.
- Soap and water cleanup.
- For beautiful results, use with Minwax® Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner.
[tab title=”Product Details”]
|Application Tool:||synthetic bristle brush, cloth, foam brush, staining pad or rag|
|Recoat:||after 2 hours|
|Dry Time:||3 hours|
|Cleanup:||soap and water|
|Coverage:||9 sq.m. per litr|
|Coats:||1 coat. To darken the color, apply a second coat after 2 hours.|
|Recommended Uses:||unfinished wood furniture, cabinets, doors, trim, molding and accessories|
[tab title=”SURFACE PREPARATION”]
- Surface must be dry, clean, and free of dirt, grease, glue and any existing coatings before staining.
- Sand the wood in the direction of the grain, first using medium-grade sandpaper (#120) working your way to fine-grade sandpaper (#220). Do NOT use steel wool. Remove all sanding dust.
- Apply Minwax® Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner and allow to penetrate 1-5 minutes. This will help ensure even stain color penetration and reduce grain raising on soft and hard woods. Remove excess with a clean cloth.
- For best results, wait 15-30 minutes before lightly sanding the surface with a fine-grade sandpaper. This will help smooth any raised grain. Remove all sanding dust
[tab title=”STAIN APPLICATION”]
- Apply stain with a synthetic bristle brush, foam brush, staining pad or rag. Then, allow stain to penetrate no longer than 3 minutes.
- Remove stain that has not penetrated the wood with a clean cloth. Wipe in the direction of the grain using light to medium pressure to achieve even stain color.
- Note: For best results, do not allow cloth to become saturated with stain. Replace with a clean cloth as necessary. DO NOT ALLOW STAIN THAT HAS NOT PENETRATED THE WOOD TO DRY ON THE WOOD SURFACE.
- Note: Any uneven color penetration can be blended. Rewet the surface with more stain and lightly rub the stain into the surface, blending light and dark areas.
- To darken color, apply a second coat after 2 hours, repeating the directions for application of the first coat. Do not sand between coats.
[tab title=”CLEAR FINISH APPLICATION”]
- After a minimum of 3 hours (dry time may be extended due to heavy application, low temperatures or high humidity), complete your project by applying a clear protective finish such as Minwax® Polycrylic® Protective Finish or Minwax® Water Based Oil-Modified Polyurethane.
Note: Minwax® Water Based Oil-Modified Polyurethane will amber slightly and may change the final look of the stain. Spot test on an inconspicuous area to ensure satisfactory results.
[/tab] [tab title=”GHS SDS”]
Q:WHAT IS THE ADVANTAGE TO USING A WATER-BASED STAIN?
Water-based stains dry quickly and clean up with soap and water. Projects can often be completed in one day.
Q:WILL MINWAX® WATER BASED WOOD STAIN RAISE THE GRAIN OF THE WOOD?
As long as Minwax® Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner is used prior to staining, Water Based Wood Stain will not raise the wood grain.
Q:HOW LONG SHOULD MINWAX® WATER BASED WOOD STAIN BE LEFT ON WOOD?
Water-based stain dries very quickly. It should be allowed to penetrate no more than three minutes before wiping away the excess.
Q:SHOULD MINWAX® WATER BASED WOOD STAIN BE USED ON FLOORS?
No. Water-based stains dry very quickly, making them difficult to apply evenly over large surfaces. For very large areas such as floors, we recommend an oil-based product such as Minwax® Wood Finish™ stain.
Q:WHAT IS A TINT BASE?
Minwax® Water Based Wood Stain comes in two tint bases—Clear Tint Base and White Tint Base—that are used to make 40 different stain colors. A tint base is brought to the paint counter at the home center or hardware store for color mixing, similar to the way paint is mixed.
Q:WHICH CLEAR PROTECTIVE FINISH SHOULD BE USED OVER MINWAX® WATER BASED WOOD STAIN?
We recommend Minwax® Polycrylic® Protective Finish for a crystal-clear finish that will not alter the appearance of the stain color. For a warmer, slightly amber finish over wood tones, Minwax® Water Based Oil-Modified Polyurethane is recommeded.
[button size=”medium” align=”center” full=”true” link=”https://minwax.pl/kategorie-produktow/?product_cat=bejce&dppage=1/” linkTarget=”_blank” color=”green” hoverBgColor=”rgba(255,202,0,1)”]Chcesz kupić ten produkt? Kliknij tutaj. Zapraszamy do sklepu internetowego.[/button]