Minwax® Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner promotes uniform penetration of Minwax® Water Based Wood Stain and Minwax® White Wash Pickling Stain and helps control the effect of grain raising on both soft and hard woods.
- Use as the first step in any water based stain project on all types of wood to prepare for staining.
- Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner prevents blotching and streaking to ensure beautiful, even stain color.
[tab title=”Product Details”]
|Application Tool:||cloth, synthetic bristle brush or foam applicator|
|Cleanup:||soap and water|
|Dry Time:||1-5 minutes|
|Coverage:||9-11 sq.m. per litr.|
|Recommended Uses:||all soft or hard woods before using Water Based Wood Stains|
For Interior Use Only
- Surface must be dry, clean, and free of dirt, grease, glue, and any existing coatings before staining.
- Sand the wood in the direction of the grain, first using medium-grade sandpaper (#120) working your way to fine-grade sandpaper (#220). Do Not Use Steel Wool.
- Remove all sanding dust.
- Stir contents thoroughly before use. Do not apply when temperature is below 55°F. Do not thin.
- Apply Minwax® Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner with a synthetic bristle brush, foam brush or clean cloth. Allow to penetrate 1-5 minutes.
- Remove excess with a clean cloth. Do not allow product that has not penetrated the wood to dry on the wood surface.
- After 15-30 minutes, lightly sand the surface with fine-grade sandpaper (#220) to smooth any raised grain. Remove all sanding dust.
- Surface is now ready for staining with Minwax® Water Based Wood Stain.
[tab title=”GHS SDS”]
Q:WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF MINWAX® WATER BASED PRE-STAIN WOOD CONDITIONER?
Water-based stains react differently to wood than do oil-based stains. When using water-based stains, it’s essential to treat all types of wood with Minwax® Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner. Minwax®
Water Based Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner helps promote even stain penetration and reduces the effect of grain raising.
Q:DOES MINWAX® WATER BASED PRE-STAIN WOOD CONDITIONER NEED TO BE SANDED AFTER IT DRIES?
Yes. Sanding will smooth out any grain that was raised during the application of the Conditioner.
Q:CAN MINWAX® WATER BASED PRE-STAIN WOOD CONDITIONER BE USED PRIOR TO AN OIL-BASED STAIN?
No. For oil- based stains such as Minwax® Wood Finish™ Stain and Minwax® Gel Stain, use Minwax® Pre-Stain Wood Conditioner.
[button size=”medium” align=”center” full=”true” link=”https://minwax.pl/kategorie-produktow/?product_cat=przygotowanie:powierzchni&dppage=1/” linkTarget=”_blank” color=”green” hoverBgColor=”rgba(255,202,0,1)”]Chcesz kupić ten produkt? Kliknij tutaj. Zapraszamy do sklepu internetowego.[/button]