Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler is ideal for repairing cracks, small gouges, nail holes, knot holes and other defects in all types of unfinished indoor and outdoor wood surfaces.
Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler is specially formulated to accept Minwax® penetrating wood stains.
It is designed for use with oil-based and water-based wood stains.
[tab title=”Product Details “]
|Application Tool:||putty knife|
|Cleanup:||soap and water|
|Dry Time:||2-6 hours, depending on size of area filled|
Surface must be clean, dry, and free of dirt, grease, oil and loose particles. For rotted wood use Minwax® Wood Hardener to strengthen wood fibers before applying Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler.This product should not be used on holes larger than 3/4″. For larger holes use, Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler.
- Squeeze a liberal amount of Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler into the area to be filled and press firmly into place, using a putty knife. Fill slightly above surface to allow for sanding while minimizing overspreading on surrounding areas. Remove excess.
- Allow the filler to dry completely. Dry time will vary depending on depth of area to be filled. Most common shallow repairs will dry within 2 hours. For deeper holes, fill in layers 1/4″ at a time, which may require 2-6 hours to dry.
- Sand filler smooth and flush to the wood. Remove all sanding residue before staining, topcoating or painting.
[tab title=”GHS SDS”]
Stainable Wood Filler:
Q: What kind of stain does Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler accept?
Q: Can Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler be top-coated?
Yes. Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler has been designed to work within the Minwax® system. It can be top-coated with any Minwax® protective clear finish, including Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane, Minwax>® Polycrylic® Protective Finish. It also can be painted.
Q: Can Stainable Wood Filler be used with a one-step stain and finish, such as Minwax® PolyShades®?
No, it is not recommended for use with Minwax® PolyShades®.
Q: Can I use Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler on hardwood floors?
No, it is not recommended.
Q: Can Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler be used outside?
Absolutely. Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler can be used on exterior wood surfaces.
Q: Can Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler be used on previously stained wood?
While not ideal, it can be done. It may be difficult to match the color to the surrounding area.
Q: Can a nail or screw be put in the repaired area?
Yes, Stainable Wood Filler dries to a hard, strong consistency that securely holds nails and screws.
Q: How is Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler different from Minwax Wood Putty®?
Minwax Wood Putty® is designed to fill minor surface imperfections in finished wood. It comes in ten colors to match Minwax® Wood Finish™ stains and it does not harden. Stainable Wood Filler is designed to fill nail holes, cracks, small gouges and other defects in unfinished wood. It does not come pre-colored. It readily accepts any Minwax® stain and, once stained, will match the surrounding wood.
- Przed nałożeniem Minwax® StainableWood Filler na zgniłe drewno zastosuj Minwax® High Performance Wood Hardener, aby wzmocnić drewno.
- Nie jest rekomendowany do zastosowania z Minwax® Polyshades®.
[button size=”medium” align=”center” full=”true” link=”https://minwax.pl/kategorie-produktow/?product_cat=przygotowaniepowierzchni&dppage=1/” linkTarget=”_blank” color=”green” hoverBgColor=”rgba(255,202,0,1)”]Chcesz kupić ten produkt? Kliknij tutaj. Zapraszamy do sklepu internetowego.[/button]