Minwax® Wood Putty® is a non-hardening, pre-mixed putty that repairs small holes and covers other minor imperfections in painted, stained, and finished wood.
- Wood Putty is easy to use, quick and permanent.
- It is non-hardening and bonds well to wood.
- Wood Putty is color-matched to Minwax® Wood Finish™ stains to make your wood repairs easier.
|Application Tool:||putty knife|
|Preparation:||no sanding necessary|
|Cleanup:||soap and water|
|Recommended Uses:||bare, stained or finished woodwork, paneling, molding, trim and doors|
- Stain and topcoat before applying putty.
- Surface must be clean and dry.
- Press putty into nail holes or minor imperfections.
- Wipe excess putty from surrounding area with damp cloth. Will not harden to a sandable surface.
Q:How is Minwax Wood Putty® different from Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler?
Unlike Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler, Minwax Wood Putty® is a non-hardening putty designed to cosmetically fill nail holes, joints and other minor surface imperfections. Additionally, Wood Putty® is color-matched to the Minwax® Wood Finish™ stain line. Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler is a heavy-duty filler that repairs damaged or rotted wood.
Q:How is Minwax Wood Putty® different from Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler?
Minwax Wood Putty® is designed to fill minor surface imperfections in finished wood. It comes in ten colors to match Minwax® Wood Finish™ stains and does not harden. Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler is designed to fill nail holes, cracks, gouges and other defects in unfinished wood. It does not come pre-colored. It readily accepts Minwax® stain and, once stained, will match the surrounding wood. Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler hardens and is strong enough to hold nails and screws.