Minwax® High Performance Wood Hardener is a quick drying liquid formulated to strengthen and reinforce decayed or rotting wood.
- The hardener penetrates deep into the wood and its special resin binds and reinforces the decayed wood fibers.
- High Performance Wood Hardener seals from further moisture penetration and hardens to a rock hard solid base for lifting.
|Application Tool:||disposable bristle brush|
|Dry Time:||2-4 hours, then fill with Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler|
|Cleanup:||acetone, following manufacturer’s safety instructions|
|Recommended Uses:||windowsills, doors, woodwork, floors, decks, furniture, woodwork|
- Completely remove decayed and very soft, crumbly wood until you reach reasonably sound wood. Wood should be dry, free from dirt, grease, oil and loose paint particles.
- Shake can well; apply Minwax® High Performance Wood Hardener with a disposable bristle brush to the softened wood to completely saturate the area.
- For strength, apply several coats in quick succession until a shiny surface appearance is obtained.
- Allow to harden for 2-4 hours before filling void with Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler.
- Sand, paint, or stain if desired.
Q:How does Minwax® High Performance Wood Hardener work?
Minwax® High Performance Wood Hardener’s extra hard resin is dissolved in a solution of solvents. These solvents carry the resin deep into the pores of the wood where they quickly evaporate leaving behind the hardened resin resulting in hardened wood.