Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler permanently repairs damaged and rotted wood. It is used to fill gouges and holes in split, damaged or rotted exterior or interior woods.
- It is weather, water, and rot resistant.
- Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler is also effective as a wood adhesive where you can anchor screws and secure loose joints in furniture.
- It strongly bonds to wood as well as almost any rigid surface including ceramics, concrete, metal, and fiberglass.
[tab title=”Product Details”]
|Application Tool:||narrow putty knife|
|Preparation:||prior to use, strengthen and reinforce decayed or rotting wood using Minwax® High Performance Wood Hardener|
|Sand:||after 30 minutes|
|Cleanup:||acetone following manufacturer’s safety instructions|
|windowsills, doors, woodwork, floors, decks, furniture|
Surface must be clean, dry and free from paint, varnish, dirt and grease. If working with rotted or soft wood, remove loose material and apply Minwax® High Performance Wood Hardener to strengthen wood fibers and to form a solid base for filling.
- Depending on the size of the wood repair, scoop desired amount of wood filler from the can into the plastic lid and squeeze in a small amount of wood hardener from the tube, using approximately a 16:1 ratio of wood filler to wood hardener. Mix thoroughly for approximately 30 seconds or until you no longer see the white color of wood hardener. Mix only as much as can be used in 15 minutes.
- Apply the mixture immediately to the area to be repaired, using a plastic putty knife. Spread on a thin layer followed by a sufficient amount to fill the gap. (Note: To fill deep holes, spread on 1/8 inch thin layers one at a time until the hole is filled.) Slightly over-fil to allow for sanding down. Work quickly since the mixture remains workable for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
- After approximately 20 minutes, the repair should be hard enough to be carved and shaped using a sharp modeling knife. Wait at least 30 minutes to sand, plane, or file.
NOTE: Once Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler has hardened, then it can be painted or stained. To stain wood filler, see directions inside cap sticker. This product absorbs stain differently than wood. It is unlikely that exact color match to the original wood will be achieved.
[tab title=”GHS SDS”]
Minwax High Performance Wood Filler
Q:Can Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler be stained?
Staining High Performance Wood Filler is not recommended. Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler accepts stain differently than wood does. It is unlikely that a close color match will be achieved. For repairs that require an exact stain match, use Minwax® Stainable Wood Filler
[note]Note: Minwax® High Performance Wood Filler absorbs stain differently than wood. It is unlikely that exact color match to the original wood will be achieved.[/note]
[button size=”medium” align=”center” full=”true” link=”https://minwax.pl/kategorie-produktow/?product_cat=konserwacja-i-naprawa&dppage=1/” linkTarget=”_blank” color=”green” hoverBgColor=”rgba(255,202,0,1)”]Chcesz kupić ten produkt? Kliknij tutaj. Zapraszamy do sklepu internetowego.[/button]