Helmsman® Teak Oil protects dense woods and enhances wood grain by penetrating into wood pores, restoring the wood’s natural warmth and richness.
- Apply periodically to refresh your dense woods and help protect them from UV rays.
- Helmsman® Teak oil is recommended for outdoor and indoor wood furniture, and marine surfaces above the water line.
Not for use on outdoor decks, below waterline wood surfaces, and interior floors.
[tab title=”Product Details”]
|Application Tool:||brush or cloth|
|Zastosowanie:||Wewnętrzne i zewnętrzne powierzchnie drewniane.|
|Dry Time:||6-8 hours|
|Cleanup:||mineral spirits or paint thinner according to manufacturer’s safety recommendations|
|Coverage:||11 – 14 sq.m. per litr.|
|Recommended Uses:||outdoor and indoor wood furniture and wood surfaces above the water line|
[tab title=”Surface Preparation”]
- Surface must be dry and free of old finishes such as varnish, paint, polish, wax, grease, dirt, and subsurface moisture.
- If desired, sand to obtain smooth, uniform surface.
- Lightly shake container for 15 – 20 seconds.
- Brush or wipe on a generous amount of Helmsman® Teak Oil.
- Allow Helmsman® Teak Oil to penetrate into wood for 5 – 10 minutes. Do not wipe off any excess.
- Apply a second coat and leave on for an additional 15 – 20 minutes. (Do not leave product on wood in excess of 30 minutes total.)
- Wipe surface completely dry.
- Ready for use in 6 – 8 hours
[tab title=”GHS SDS”]
Minwax Teak Oil
What surfaces is Helmsman® Teak Oil recommended for?
Helmsman® Teak Oil is great for indoor and outdoor furniture made from hardwoods and on marine wood surfaces above the waterline.
Can I apply Helmsman® Teak Oil to wood floors or outdoor decks?
No. Helmsman® Teak Oil is not recommended for wood floors or outdoor decks. Helmsman® Teak Oil protects dense woods from moisture and UV rays by penetrating into the wood pores. Helmsman® Teak Oil is not recommended for use on floors. For hardwood floors, we recommend products such as Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane. For outdoor decks try Thompson’s® Water Seal®.
Does Helmsman® Teak Oil contain UV inhibitors?
Yes, Helmsman® Teak Oil does contain UV protection to delay the sun from graying the wood over time.
Should Helmsman® Teak Oil be applied repeatedly?
Yes. Helmsman® Teak Oil should be reapplied whenever the wood appears to be dry or worn out in order to restore the effectiveness of the finish.
[note]Storage: Store at room temperature.
Maintenance: Periodically reapply Helmsman® Teak Oil to dry, worn out wood in order to restore the effectiveness of the finish.
Note: Above dry times and coverage rates are based on good ventilation, temperature of 25° C and 50% relative humidity. Lower temperature, higher humidity, lack of ventilation will extend dry times. Always spot test on inconspicuous area to ensure satisfactory results..[/note]
[button size=”medium” align=”center” full=”true” link=”https://minwax.pl/kategorie-produktow/?product_cat=lakiery&dppage=1/” linkTarget=”_blank” color=”green” hoverBgColor=”rgba(255,202,0,1)”]Chcesz kupić ten produkt? Kliknij tutaj. Zapraszamy do sklepu internetowego.[/button]