Minwax® Helmsman® Spar Urethane is specially formulated as a protective clear finish for exterior or interior wood exposed to sunlight, water, or temperature changes.
- Contains UV blockers to reduce the sun’s graying and fading effects.
- Forms a protective barrier against rain and moisture.
- Special oils allow the finish to expand and contract with the wood as seasons and temperatures change.
- Ideal for use on doors, windows, trim, bathroom cabinets, bar tops, kitchen countertops, outdoor furniture.
[info]Minwax® Helmsman® Spar Urethane nie jest rekomendowany na podłogi.
Minwax® Helmsman® Spar Urethane dostępny wersji 350 V.O.C. ekologicznej przyjaznej środowisku.[/info]
Also in aerosol.
[tab title=”Dane techniczne”]
|Sheens:||gloss, semi-gloss, satin|
|Application Tool:||natural bristle brush|
|Location:||interior and exterior wood surfaces|
|Recoat:||after 4 hours|
|Dry Time:||24 hours before normal use|
|Coverage:||11 sq.m. per litr.|
|Recommended Uses:||doors, windows, trim, bathroom cabinets, bar tops, kitchen countertops, outdoor furniture, not recommended for floors|
Tough Protection For Wood- Indoors and Out
- Surface must be dry and free of paint, wax, grease, polish, old finishes in poor condition or any foreign matter.
- Sand to obtain a smooth, uniform surface. Remove all dust with a damp cloth.
- If desired, apply stain, such as Minwax® Wood Finish™, to unfinished interior wood surfaces. Follow directions for application instructions and dry times.
- Stir well before and occasionally during use.
- Apply a thin coat of Helmsman® Spar Urethane using a high quality natural bristle brush. On unfinished wood, apply sufficient material to seal open joints, edges and end-grain.
- Let dry at least four hours, then sand entire surface lightly with very fine sandpaper (220 grit) to ensure an even finish and proper adhesion of additional coats.
- Apply second coat. If a third coat is desired, repeat Step 6 before applying. Note: For exterior surfaces or for previously unfinished wood, three coats are recommended.
- After final coat, allow 24 hours before normal use.
[notice]Note: Dry times are based on good ventilation, temperature of 25°C and 50% relative humidity. Lower temperature, higher humidity, lack of air movement or application of thick coats will extend drying times. Always test surface for tackiness between coats. When used for exterior applications, maintain by lightly sanding and adding an additional coat(s) as conditions require.
Minwax® Helmsman® Spar Urethane is not recommended for large exterior surfaces where maintenance would be difficult, such as decks and siding. Slight ambering may be experienced when Helmsman® Spar Urethane is applied over light-colored stains or wood surfaces. Always spot test on a hidden area to ensure satisfactory results.[/notice]
[tab title=”Aerosol Directions”]
- The surface must be dry and free of old finishes in poor condition, paint, wax, grease, polish, dirt or other foreign matter.
- Sand to obtain a smooth, uniform surface. Remove all dust.
- If desired, apply stain, such as Minwax® Wood Finish™ Stain, to unfinished, interior wood surfaces. Follow directions for application instructions and dry times.
- Shake Helmsman® vigorously. Shake for 10 seconds occasionally during use.
- Protect adjacent areas from overspray. Wet overspray can be removed with mineral sprits.
- Hold can vertically 12 inches from surface. Depress button fully and spray using an even, sweeping motion with slightly overlapping strokes. On unfinished wood, apply sufficient material to seal open joints, edges and end-grain.
- Apply thin coats to avoid runs and sags. Recoat within 1½ hours. If unable to do so, wait a minimum of 72 hours, then lightly sand and recoat.
- Apply at least three coats on exterior surfaces. For interior surfaces, apply at least three coats on unfinished wood and two coats on surfaces already finished.
- After final coat, allow 24 hours before normal use
Note: Above dry times are based on good ventilation temperature of 25°C and 50% relative humidity. Lower temperature, higher humidity, lack of air movement or application of thick coats will extend drying times. Helmsman® Spar Urethane is not recommended for large exterior surfaces where maintenance would be difficult, such as decks and siding. Slight ambering may be experienced when Helmsman® Spar Urethane is applied over light-colored stains or wood surfaces. Always spot test an inconspicuous area to ensure satisfactory results.
[tab title=”Nozzle Care”]
- After each use, clear valve by holding can upside down and spraying until only clear gas comes out.
- If spray button becomes clogged, wear eye protection, wipe off button opening with lacquer thinner- Do NOT stick pin in spray button opening.
CLEANUP: For easy clean-up use mineral spirits or paint thinner.
[tab title=”GHS SDS”]
Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane Błyszczący
Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane Półbłyszczący
Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane Satynowy
Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane Aerozol Błyszczący
Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane Aerozol Półbłyszczący
Minwax Helmsman Spar Urethane Aerozol Satynowy
Q:How does Helmsman® Spar Urethane differ from other polyurethanes?
Helmsman® contains special ultraviolet absorbers to help protect wood from the graying and fading effects of the sun. Helmsman® also contains special oils that allow it to expand and contract with seasonal temperatures changes.
Q:Can I use Helmsman® on interior floors?
No. Helmsman® is formulated to expand and contract with temperature changes. Because it is flexible, it is not suitable for use on floors. Floors require a harder finish such as Minwax® Fast-Drying Polyurethane, Minwax® Super Fast-Drying Polyurethane for Floors or Minwax® Water-Based Oil-Modified Polyurethane.
Q:Should Helmsman® Spar Urethane be applied to exterior furniture?
Yes, but no clear exterior finish will permanently protect wood against direct sun, snow, ice and rain. Be sure to check the finish annually to determine if it needs to be recoated. If the finish warrants, apply an additional coat of Helmsman® according to the label directions.
Q:Is Helmsman® suitable for decks and fences?
No. Decks and fences have special requirements for protection against the elements. Use an exterior waterproofing product such as Thompson’s® WaterSeal® Waterproofer Plus Clear Wood Protector.
Q:Helmsman® looks dark in the can. Will this be the color that ends up on the wood?
No. Minwax® Helmsman may appear slightly dark or purple in the can, but it dries to a beautiful clear finish.
DO NOT TAKE INTERNALLY.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN.
[button size=”medium” align=”center” full=”true” link=”https://minwax.pl/kategorie-produktow/?product_cat=lakiery&dppage=1/” linkTarget=”_blank” color=”green” hoverBgColor=”rgba(255,202,0,1)”]Chcesz kupić ten produkt? Kliknij tutaj. Zapraszamy do sklepu internetowego.[/button]